Walk-In Tub: What Are The Pros And Cons?
If you are considering remodeling your bathroom, walk-in tubs can be a good investment for the future or a great improvement and help for people with limited mobility. Cavalier Builders in Los Angeles, CA is an experienced and reliable company that can help assist you.
What Are The Pros Of A Walk-In Tub?
A walk-in tub is a great feature you can add to your bathroom. They will ensure safety and even privacy for yourself or your loved ones. If you are thinking about installing one, but you are not sure if this option is right for you. Like everything else there are pros and cons to consider:
- Safe: When bathing safety is always a concern, especially for elderly or people and adults with disabilities. A regular shower can cause a person to slip and fall while a regular bathtub can be hard to access and exit. A walk-in tub is a perfect compromise between the two. It has a watertight wide door and ultra-low step-in that can ensure a comfortable and care-free entrance. More safety features that most traditional tubs don’t have, such as built-in seating and grab bars, can assure the user a superior bathing experience and make them a great choice for the elderly.
- Easy to clean: Walk-in bathtubs are designed to last and are easy to clean. They are constructed with a non-porous material which hinders grime and dirt build up. This feature ensures protection from mold and mildew, offering a clean and healthy bathing experience. Also the door assures accessibility to every surface without bending over.
- Temperature Control: Temperature control is a great feature of a walk-in bathtub. The water can be made warmer or cooler with just the touch of a finger. This makes it very easy to adjust the tub’s temperature to personal needs, facilitating the use for people with disabilities.
What Are The Cons Of A Walk In Tub?
Obviously there are many advantages to getting a walk-in tub. We didn’t mention all of them in this article, and the benefits greatly outweigh the risks. However when making an investment you also want to consider the negative sides and risks, so you can make an informed decision and be better prepared in the eventuality that some problems arise:
- Risk of flooding: In a walk-in tub the doors are water-sealed, but if the door isn’t closed all the way the weight of the water in the tub could push it open and the water can come out, quickly flooding the bathroom. Due to the deeper capacity the water out pour will be bigger than with a traditional bathtub.
- Not convenient for help: The walk-in tub design makes it a more convenient and safe device in many ways. However, something to consider is that the high walls make it more difficult to get somebody out during a medical emergency.
- Potential for leaking: This kind of tub can sometimes leak around the seals. The water puddled on the floor can cause a potential slip and fall hazard.
Contact Us For A Free Estimate On Walk-In Tubs
If you think that a walk-in tub is the right choice for you, or you have more questions about the pros and cons of a walk-in tub contact Cavalier Builders today. We work in Los Angeles, CA and the surrounding areas, providing you with a free in-home consultation. We are looking forward to improving your home and safety, call us today.